Weight Vest Training Plate - 8.75lb / 3.97kg BlueArmor Australia
Cross-Training 3.97kg weighted training plate - Official CrossFit weight
Modeled on the proven Body Armour Plate shape this weighted training plate has been developed for you to take your training to the next level.
These plates have been engineered to feel as close to a real HAP (Hard Armour Plate) and replicate the feel of authentic operational conditions.
The CrossFit community have welcomed these plates with the main feedback centering around their increased comfort level with their body-forming contoured plates.
Longevity of plate carriers have also been increased due to the rounded edges of the weighted plate not wearing down the inside of the carrier.
These weighted training plates are designed to fit all high quality plate carriers, including the CrossFit 5.11 TacTec Plate Carrier. - CLICK HERE to see carrier.
The composite materials used on the plate do not degrade due to sweat and moisture.
The plates are sold as single units.
- Weight: 3.97kg / 8.75lb - Exact weight as seen in the Men's competitions at the CrossFit Games.
- Size: 250mm x 300mm x 11.8mm (curved edge makes it roughly 18mm)
- Material: Industrial Rubber
- Ideal for Military, Enforcement training applications or Civilians requiring weighted plates for fitness use
- Manufactured from High Impact Resistant Composite material
- 100% non-ballistic item that can be purchased with no restriction
- Provides the user with simulated weight experience whilst training
- Body-forming contours
- No sharp edges to damage carrier
- No special cleaning or maintenance requirements
- Compatible with standard size plate carriers
- 3 different weight varients to chose from to get the most out of your carrier
Why are these weights so important?
At the CrossFit Games they used the 5.11 weighted vest that weighs 2.5lb. When you add one of the above plates, one in the front and one in the back you get:
- 3.75lb x 2 + 2.5lb = 10lbs - Official weight at the Masters and Teen competitions at the CrossFit Games.
- 5.75lb x 2 + 2.5lb = 14lbs - Official weight at the Women's competitions at the CrossFit Games.
- 8.75lb x 2 + 2.5lb = 20lbs - Official weight at the Men's competitions at the CrossFit Games.
Not sure what weight you should go for?
The 1.7kg / 3.75lb plates are ideal for those that want to start to get into training or want to just add a little bit more resistance to their workout.
The 2.6kg / 5.75lb plates are referred to in the CrossFit community as a competing female weight. They are ideal for adding on a substantial amount of resistance training and are generally used by those that are comfortable in their routines, looking to build to a heavier level or females looking to train at a CrossFit Games weight level.
The 4.5kg / 8.75lb plates are mainly used by males who want to train at the CrossFit Games weight level. Theses plates will add a whole new dimension to your training, whether it's running, squatting, dead lifting or any kind of cross training.
*please note that colouring might differ from pictures. Manufacturing marks and slight discoloration might occur.