show / hide sidebar
EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST PROTECTION
At Tactical Solutions we take our role as adviser and supplier to government, law enforcement, defence, correctional, security and EMS organisations seriously.
For nearly 20 years we have followed advancements in protection and security to ensure that the professionals who depend on us are the best equipped and best informed.
Surefire Sonic Defenders Ultra Black
Surefire Sonic Defenders Ultra - Black
Surefire EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra protect your hearing without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds or conversations. Their foam-tipped stem design, featuring soft memory-foam Comply™ Canal Tips, fits most people and provides a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 28dB. Sounds, at safe levels, are allowed to pass through into the ear canal, while potentially harmful noises (above 85dB) are reduced via a proprietary design that incorporates a special noise-reducing filter. EP7s include attached filter caps, which can be inserted for additional protection and blocking out lower-level noise, like that heard on a plane, in situations where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical.
Right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders Ultra are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer that provides all-day comfort and an extended product life (up to 6+ months, depending on usage and care). Their patented EarLock® retention rings lock the earplugs in place, while soft foam-tipped stems provide secure seals in the ear canals. And their low-profile design means they can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while using a phone or headset.
Comfortable EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra also serve as earpieces for compatible radio communication systems* simply by removing the noise-reducing filter and attaching the earpiece to the system. NOTE: EP7 earpiece will not provide hearing protection if the noise-reducing filter is removed.
EP7s are available in small (S), medium (M), and large (L). Proper size is based on the dimensions of your ear's concha bowl. Size "medium" fits most people; however, to ensure the best possible fit, review the earpiece sizing chart above. EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra are sold as a single left/right set. Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case and includes a polymer lanyard and an extra set of memory foam Comply™ Canal Tips.
* RADIO COMM SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY:
- Thales: Covert Security Harness;
- Harris: Security Force Communication Set;
- Motorola: Surveillance Kits;
- Tactical Command Industries: Tactical Earpiece Products;
- Peltor: Lightweight Systems-Hearplug;
- Silynx: C4Ops Headset
- 28dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with filter caps inserted
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB
- Hear safe sound levels (with filter caps out) as if you weren't wearing ear plugs
- Patented EarLock® retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces in place and fit the same way every time
- Soft memory-foam Canal™ Comply Tips provide secure seals in ear canals and all-day comfort
- Made from hypoallergenic, medical-grade polymer that's soft, comfortable, and durable
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask, helmet, hat, or while using phone, headphones, or supplemental hearing muffs
- Serve as earpieces for compatible* radio communication systems
- 26" polymer lanyard included
- Additional pair of Comply™ Canal tips included
- Noise Reduction Rating: 28dB (with filter caps inserted)
- Filter: Yes
- Stem: Comply Canal™ Tips
- Radio Comm Compatible: Yes
- Included Lanyards: Detachable
Great alternative to electronic ear muffs.
Posted by Jay on 20th Feb 2016
I bought these as I sometimes find my electronic ear muffs are too bulky. I tested them at the range with my 9mm carbine and they did their job perfectly, bringing down the noise to a safe level for my ears but yet allowing me to hear others talking quite clearly. They lost a star as fitting them to your ear takes a little practice (but maybe that's just me). I would definitely recommend them! Also, great service from Tactical Solutions as they arrived quickly, hassle free.
Posted by Woody on 9th Jan 2016
I am a coffee roaster and where I work is incredibly noisy, machinery white noise over 110dbl, the problem I have is I need to hear the subtle crackle of the coffee beans as the roast nears the critical end stage. I saw these and thought they may help, well they have turned out to be perfect! I am blown away at how effective these Sonic defenders are at blocking offensive noise but letting through lower volume noise. I had a conversation with someone next to the noisiest machine we have, he had no ear protection and I have these, I had to keep repeating myself as he couldn't hear me over the noise yet I could hear him perfectly fine but the machine was at totally inoffensive volume levels. Amazing product!
Customers also viewed